Facing our own mortality – or preparing to lose someone we love – can be a challenging and highly emotional time. Families often need a great deal of care and attention and volunteers can help provide much of this support. Volunteers can provide support in a number of ways:
- Visit with patients and families and provide an empathetic ear
- Sit with patients and families and share a quiet moment
- Run errands for the family or read to the patient
- Make phone calls to family members after the patient has passed
- Provide clerical assistance to the hospice staff
If you would be interested in volunteering, please contact us.